The concept came to mind when I was at work one day - photo with a Silhouette-cut banner, transparency with square photos on both sides and the word snow, cut from white cardstock, embossed in clear powder and attached to white cardstock.
I created the transparency page and it was ok.
I cut out the snow word, stamped and embossed and it was a disaster. I'd held the heat gun too close and discoloured the paper. I decided to add some misting to fix the problem. It really didn't.
So, the project sat on my scrap table for quite a while. Mocking me.
Until I decided to measure the remnants of the snow word cut out and realised it actually would fit in the album. Then I remembered the dotted vellum that was hiding among my paper, bought for invitations I'd made years ago. Perfect.
A little stitching, printing journaling on the photo after realising it didn't really fit on the snow page, and I was done.
And I adore it.
There is something about projects and pages that have overcome adversity than makes them all the more special. ;)