This is Boyf's house. (In a very not to scale way.) I suppose in less than a week it will be 'our house'.
We haven’t decided on a name for the house yet. Boyf likes Red House, thankfully because it is red brick and not related to interior wall colour. I’m fond of House that Came with Shed, but it’s not exactly short and sharp. :)
As I become inundated with boxes and my stress levels are rising, I thought I'd create a list of things I'm looking forward to about moving.
- Having a dishwasher.
- Not living out of a suitcase.
- Having a space for parallel play, where we can each undertake our own activities companionably. ;)
- Not having to decide on a plan all the time. (How we are getting somewhere, who’s house we are spending the evening at...)
- Organising / reorganising my scrapbook room and supplies.
- Having an automatic watering system in the garden. My plants will have a greater chance at survival.
- Better, always connected, internet.
- Rearranging the items on his bookcases.
- Decorating the guest bedroom. I have a picture in my head of how this room will look.
- Arranging and rearranging the furniture. Yellow House doesn't really have space for furniture to go any other way, while that front lounge is nothing but possibilities.
- Having someone else to share the responsibility for not running out of milk and using the vegetables lurking in the fridge.
- Discovering and developing new habits and routines.
- Drinking pots of tea. A couple months ago I was sitting outside in that undercover area and had the urge to make a pot of tea. I hadn't done that in almost 12 months in Yellow House. I think this house will help me slow down and savor simple moments.
- Hanging frames and photos and art.
- Not having to get out of my car to open/close the garage door.
- The financial benefits having a renter in Yellow House will bring. (Yes, I am sad about leaving Yellow House but choose to concentrate on the good things to come.)
- And there might just be a couple of lovey-dovey reasons too. ;)
Today is actually the first anniversary of Mike + me = us. It has been an awesome year babe, and I can't wait to see what this next one will bring. Love you.