With a little over 5 months left before my wedding (oih!) I thought it was probably time for a status check on my 30 Before Marriage goals.
5. Go climbing outside. There is definitely some scrambling up rocks outdoor in my future - I'll need to do some training hikes in preparation for our honeymoon Machu Picchu trek - but I'm not sure we'll manage real climbing. Maybe we should just disappear to Railay for a week. Mmmm, Railay.
7. Cook a seafood dinner. This was BoyF's idea, so he's not escaping this cooking. I'm thinking a two course meal, maybe some shellfish or calamari for entree then a whole fish for main. Totally out of our comfort zone, but I might be up to the challenge. ;)
9. Get to Everest base camp. In progress. Actually, from the last text message I received (Mt Everest seems to have remarkable phone coverage!) they'd made base camp and were heading back down, but I'm not ticking off this goal till he's back home and we've had a big squeezey hug. And he's written a blog post for us all to enjoy. ;)
10. Use a recipe from each of our cookbooks. In progress. The top right cube of the bookcase above contains the recipe books I've used, the bottom two cubes house the books still to go. Unfortunately my proportions are in the wrong direction, but it's a start. One problem I'm having, I keep gaining cookbooks!
11. Pick up three pieces of rubbish every day for two weeks. In progress. This goal ended up on the list after a discussion I heard on the radio that picking up a few pieces of rubbish can increase your happiness. Although I forgot on the weekend, I've 'made up' the days so I'm considering this task on track to finish on Sunday. If I manage to not forget on the weekend again! And, I think it's true - I'm getting a nice like altruistic action happiness buzz.
12. Bake hot cross buns. Done.
13. Volunteer time to a good cause. It is National Tree Day on Sunday 27th July and I'm planning on signing up to volunteer at a local event. Hopefully I can find a friend or two to join me.
14. Have fun at a water park. An easy one, but no plans yet.
15. Attend a summer twilight event. Summer has already passed so I might have missed my chance. Hmmm...trip to the northern hemisphere anyone?
16. Run 5km. I can currently
run really slow jog...a lot less than 5km. This goal isn't getting ticked off any time soon, but I'm working on it. Slowly.
18. Host a brunch. No plans as yet. I think I should find some brunch recipes in my recipe books a get some double duty action happening.
19. Offer an online class, tutorial or set of downloads. No plans as yet, although I did over a simple tip over at Simple Scrapper.
20. Give someone a handmade present. Ummm...we did this but I'm reappropriating the present to tick off another goal instead. ;)
21. Get the old 504 up running and registered. In progress. Also known as currently in pieces. Mike is still optimistic it might be ready for the wedding, I have a few doubts.
22. Bake a dessert pie. Done.
23. Have High Tea. I have reservations for Mum and I to partake on Sunday.
24. Make a piece of furniture. Done. BoyF had intended to make a new table for our CDA (cider drinking area) but that has zero chance of happening this year. However, he conveniently did make two pieces of furniture as a Christmas present. ;) Blog post coming.
25. Eat produce from our garden. In progress. I ate my first snow pea off the vine on the weekend! I think the basil is ready to harvest too. Lettuce, carrots, onion and peas all seem to be growing well.
27. Enjoy Bucks and Hens parties in our honour. There's lots of discussion, plans are being hatched.
28. Participate in a motor sport event. Done.
29. Have cocktails on our deck. A perfect Spring, about one month till our wedding, celebration I think.
30. Decorate the front yard with fairy lights for Christmas. Done. I totally forgot this was on the list - thought try a new market made the cut instead. Handily I did put up Christmas lights, even if only in the tree. Blog post to come.
With 5 months to go, 13 goals are complete (with 2 blog posts owing) and 6 more goals are actively in progress. For a total of 19, and over half, that's the most on track I think I've ever been with my 30 Goals!
Of the 11 remaining goals, 1 will definitely happen (Hens and Bucks parties) and 6 more could be completed in a day. (Although not the same day.) Just 2, go climbing outdoors and attend a summer twilight event, it's unlikely we'll complete.