1. Tonight is the first night I've been home for dinner since last Friday. I don't think I've made it home after work before 9pm any night this week. It's been for enjoyable reasons - places to go, people to see - but I am so glad it's now the weekend.
2. On Saturday night my family had dinner at my sister's house to celebrate Dad's birthday. My present, which may have been a touch self-serving, was a Tronchetto icecream cake from Gelato Messina for dessert. Oh, it was delicious! Afterwards we headed to the football, Geelong vs Hawthorn, but that ended in a less than desirable outcome.
3. Sunday evening I picked Mike up for the airport, back from Newcastle after his course finished a day early. So nice to have him home again! There was a message on our lightbox to greet him: No more sad face icon / airplane icon before wedding happy face / heart.
4. After trying a Cuban sandwich at Crown, a part of their Cuban festival but which lead to mustard bombs exploding behind my sinuses, Nicole, Paul and I finished our Wednesday night dinner with a stop at Gelato Messina for dessert. Are you noticing a theme? Seriously, the icecream is THAT good, my favourite in Melbourne by far. This week I've also had dinner at our wedding venue (BoyF's parent's first time there), China Red (dumplings with touch screen ordering) and Bar Lourinha (tapas, including a delicious pomegranate creme).
5. Last night my Mum, sister and I attended the Melbourne production of Les Miserables. It was incredible! We've been lucky enough to see Le Mis a few times before - Mum thinks 5 times although I can't remember that many - and this was the best production of them all. My only disappointment, the Little People song was very truncated and 'a bee can bite the bottom of the pope in Rome' didn't make the cut. Because yep, I know most of the words by heart. Thanks for the tickets Mum (a Christmas present), it was a wonderful night!