- Painting Chip's nursery, assembling the cot and acquiring a bassinet. There is more to be done - buying a change table is at the top of the list and we haven't bought a single nappy yet - but we're getting there.
- Finally hemming the curtains in the scrap room/study. Or rather, bringing them with me for Mum's help when I was at their house for lunch one day. The curtains had only been hanging there, 6 inches too long, for about two years.
- Buying a new TV when our previous, with a very dramatic bang, stopped working.
- Attending an underwhelming Good Food event with friends. In was lovely spending the afternoon chatting out in the sunshine, but the cost of entry was way too high for the offerings.
- Meeting Rafiki.
- Spending time in the shed with Mike, making a squadron of wooden planes. (Or starting at least.) My specialty, the belt sander. Just needed to remember to give my belly ample room. ;)
- Attending my first Mumford & Sons concert.
- Learning baby and toddler CPR with Mike during a short Infant First Aid course. I'm not sure how much I would remember during an emergency, but it certainly can't hurt.
- Having cutie niece over for an aunty/niece playdate. In addition to selfies and biscuit baking, there were at least 4 trips outside to blow bubbles. The kid is obsessed!
- Watching the latest Bond movie, Spectre, with food, drinks and comfy chairs at the Gold Class cinema.
- Following annual tradition with a Christmas shopping day in the city with Nicole, at 39 and 27 weeks pregnant respectively.
- Lots of December Daily planning.
- Celebrating our sweet nephew's first birthday at the local miniature railway. I don't remember ever having been there before, even as a kid, but Mike had been talking about visiting for at least a year. What I want to know though - who taught the 3 year olds to raise their arms up in the air and scream as we go through the tunnel?
- Glazing a ham for our third annual friends' Christmas celebration, which this year included a little baby celebration for Erica and Chris too.
December has been...
- December Dailying and everything Christmas. Shopping, baking, wrapping, sending, receiving, decorating, eating, preparing, celebrating, relaxing...enjoying it all.
- Attending prenatal classes, which left Mike and I both feeling a little more prepared and knowledgeable for childbirth but wondering what on earth we would be in for upon bring Chip home.
- Receiving a pregnancy massage, lying on my side on the table, all propped up with pillows.
- Taking a tour of the Carlton United Brewery before my work Christmas lunch.
- Loving having Christmas Day at home. Mike had a dream roster - no work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day - so we hosted everyone at our house. 4 of us for lunch, increasing to 15 for dinner. The day ebbed and flowed and seemed to last forever, in that wonderful way.
- Finishing off the year having a few friend's over for a BBQ in our backyard.
In 2016 I'm looking forward to...
- Chip's arrival.
- Maternity leave. (With hopefully at least a few weeks of that being before Chip's arrival. Friend's welcomed a little girl into their family on Boxing Day, 4 weeks early, which has me feeling a tad unprepared and nervous.)
- Learning how to be a family of 3.
Wishing you and your loved ones a happy, healthy and wonderful 2016.