May was a very long time ago. I look at those weekly photos and Milly looks so little! However I enjoy recapping the month, flicking through my diary and actually looking at the photos I've taken. So despite it already being halfway through July - seriously, how did that happen! - I'm posting this anyway.
- 1437 photos and videos.
- Milly wearing a cardigan, oh, so happily wearing in that left photo above, that I wore as a baby, knitted for me by my grandmother, Nanna.
- The last of our formal Mothers' Group meetings. Well, officially Parents' Group but one father turned up the first week and that was that. Many of us, 11 out of the 17, have joined a playgroup together and continue to get together weekly.
- Inviting Mum over for lunch on Saturday as an early Mothers' Day celebration, then deciding I didn't want Dad to miss out so inviting them for dinner as well. And, not actually cooking either meal; defrosting soup for lunch (well, I had made it previously so maybe that counts) and Indian takeaway for dinner.
- My first Mothers' Day. I had a lovely morning, unwrapping presents in bed together before we headed to lunch with Mike's side of the family.
- Binge watching Studio 60 on Sunset Strip via YouTube. It's not The West Wing but there was some great characters and storylines.
- Milly's first time in a swimming pool. We met up with Nicole and April for a babies' introduction to water class but the teacher called in sick so we just relaxed in the water for a while. Milly didn't hate it but stunned may be pretty accurate. I tried to feed her after the class but she was too tired, passing out in my lap. Home again, she had a three hour nap that afternoon!
- Jenna came to visit for lunch and ended up staying for dinner too. Milly wasn't the most cooperative but Jenna is so patient with her, willing to stand and walk and pat and juggle, anything to try and keep Milly happy.
- Catching up with Nicole and April at a cake shop (and a few other times besides). Between two babies and feedings and naps, when we get together nowadays we settle in for a while. I had Milly asleep on my shoulder when I needed to dash to the toilet. I eased her down into my chair, leaving her with Nicole while I headed to the bathroom. She stole the chair off me as she quiet happily slept away there for the rest of our visit.
- A trip to Yarra Glen for lunch with Mike. It was intended to be a bit of a practice/preview for our holiday to Tasmania but it was a bit of a disaster. We went to Hargreaves Hill for lunch, thinking Milly would either sleep or people watch. Nope, of course not! Just as our food arrived - delicious by the way - she started screaming. Mike and I took turns walking with her while the other gobbled down food. Mind you, we're probably luck as it's the only time I can remember having to do that.
- Tanya and baby Max coming to visit. He's 6 weeks younger than Milly but by this stage was already as heavy. Neither of the babies were having a good day and there was some crying in stereo for a while, but it was so lovely watching Tanya interact and love on Max.
- Our holiday to Tasmania! I've blogged about Launceston and the Tamar Valley, the East Coast, Hobart, Queenstown and Strahan and hope to finish up with posting about our trip on the Western Wilderness Railway and to Cradle Mountain.
- Posting some more of my December Daily album, days 20 to 23. Sharing the final few days in the album is another thing on my to do/to blog list.
I'll finish with these photos of Milly and her Dad in our bed. On the left, wide awake while Dad sleeps away, but the grainy, dark photo on the right has my heart. They're both asleep, arms tucked behind their heads, mirror poses of each other.
Like father, like daughter.