1. Today was a wet, cold and miserable day that made me long to snuggle back down into bed. I am not looking forward to winter in the slightest, but need to get organised a buy a new coat and boots.
2. Yesterday, being the ANZAC Day public holiday, we meet up with a group of friends for lunch at a nearby cafe. With 7 adults and 3 one-year olds, it's not something we've really done as a group like that since becoming parents but it was really enjoyable and relaxed. Surprisingly, given the younger set. We returned to our friends' house after, where both Mike and I managed to forget our cardigan/jackets. Remembered Milly though, so thay's something. ;)
3. I am working on scheduling periods of 'time off' into my week. When I officially opened my photography business back in November I had my first two photo shoots, back to back, then right after my computer had issues and was off being repaired for a week. Since then I have been struggling to edit and send photos out to clients in a reasonable timeframe. But now, finally, I am up to date. I feel so much more relaxed! Milly's morning nap time, Thursday to Sunday, and after dinner are generally when I have a chance to really settle into something uninterrupted so I'm trying to be intentional with that time. Some sessions are allocated to photography work and some are scheduled 'do whatever you feel like that isn't photography work' time.
4. I have started a new knitting project, a wide scarf in chunky wool. It's begun in a dusky pink but grey, mint and yellow are also planned. With my current progress I hope to be finished by the end of winter.
5. Mike and I had a date night last Friday night. When we returned home from our late dinner a little before 10pm, Mum poked her head out of our front door and asked what we were doing home so soon. We were both so tired and just wanted to go to bed! But, Milly is sleeping a lot more consistently of an evening/night and is much more relaxed with other people, particularly our parents, so date night is something we hope to do a lot more regularly now.