Introducing, 30 While 30.
A list of 30 tasks and goals that I would like to complete before I turn 31 on October 9, 2013. A few are serious, most are fun. Some goals I'll do on my own and sometimes I'll rope in others to help. Some require considerable time, effort and planning, while others can be done in a afternoon. And I'll share the details of them all here as I (hopefully) tick them off throughout the year.
1. Learn to wake-board or water-ski - I figure it's probably time I progressed from riding the inflatable biscuit to actually attempting to board or ski. Incredibly daunting, but I'd be so proud of myself. Standing up, even for a moment, counts as success in my book. ;)
5. Make a pizza from scratch - including a homemade base and sauce.
6. Eat vegetarian for a week - Boyf, a major meat-eater, actually suggested this one. He's signing up for vegetarian dinners, while I'm aiming for full meat-free 7 days.
7. Climb a grade 16 climb - I'm rolling this goal over from 30 Before 30. I've managed to complete a grade 13 so far, and I am getting better. Slowly, but surely. ;)
9. Decorate a room - paint colour, things hung on the wall, the whole bit. If I'm still thinking 'It just needs...', this goal can't be ticked off yet.
10. Take a ceramics/pottery class.
11. Try a new cuisine - something I've new tasted before, like Peruvian or Ethiopian.
14. Build an item of furniture - I'm considering this task a joint venture with Boyf. Power tools aren't my forte. ;)
15. Participate in a fun run.
16. Move in with Boyf - I promise I'm not being presumptuous, this has been discussed. ;) Honestly, I am having a few pangs at the thought of leaving Yellow House so soon, so this goal is on the list to remind me it is a good thing!
17. Offer an online scrapbooking class/tutorial - I'm not thinking extravagant, just something free offered through my blog. Anyone have any suggestions for topic?
21. Attend a festival I've never been to before - It seems like there is a different festival in Melbourne each weekend; it shouldn't be too hard to find one that sounds interesting. ;)
22. Have fun at a waterpark or swimming pool - There is a local swimming pool that has recently reopened with an amazing waterslide. I want to try it!
23. Participate in a motor-sport event - This is another Boyf suggestion. Not quite sure what this one will entail, but I'm nervous! :)
29. Travel overseas - My last trip with Hong Kong and Thailand in July 2010; it's been too long!
30. Go climbing outdoors - a last minute addition after blog-reader Mary-Lou reminded me how much I enjoyed climbing in Thailand.
So there you have it, my 30 While 30 list. Zero complete, 30 to go.